This Little Light of Mine I Love

This Little Light of Mine I Love

Friday, November 22, 2013

Fishy Situation

I usually ask Haily what she would like for dinner because well, it's just fun to hear her responses sometimes, but I always have something in mind just in case her answer is "fruit snacks" or "apple juice"….silly girl. It is amusing to me that she will suggest snacks like that, but some of her favorite foots are broccoli, avocado, hummus, and apple. Anyway…on to the story. Tonight this was our conversation about what to have for dinner:

Me: Haily, is there anything special you want for dinner?
H: No, what do you want mom?
M: I was thinking about having some fish, how does that sound?
H: Yaaa!
M: Well I'm going to run downstairs and get the fish then throw it in the oven, ok?
H: What?
M: I'm going downstairs to get the fish and then put it in the oven…
H: It is dirty?
M: Dirty? No babe, i'm going to get fish for us to eat.
H: MY FISH??????!!
M: ohhh (holding back laughter) my sweet girl! We are NOT going to eat YOUR fish. He is upstairs!


After she understood that we were not going to eat her blue fish, I could not stop laughing! Thankfully, she had no problem eating fish that night. I was a little fearful that she would not eat fish after that. Phew! What a close one…we almost had blue beta fish for dinner =)

xo

No comments:

Post a Comment