This Little Light of Mine I Love
Friday, November 22, 2013
I Crabby
H: Mom, you have been naughty.
M: Oh really...Why am I naughty?
H: Well, hmm…because you were crabby!
M: hahaha
I suppose I should explain the story and humor behind "crabby". As a parent of a two year old I have really learned more about the language and mannerisms I use simply because Haily copies them. Sometimes she will say a phrase or a word that I have not heard before and I ask her where she heard it…"from you mommy!". Well duh! Anyways…one word that I use often is "crabby". I use it when she whines, or to explain why we need to go to sleep at night, or why mommy needs to sleep etc. You get the picture. Well for literally about 1 week she started adding "crabby" to her vocabulary. The way she used it was hilarious though and we just could not help but laugh. For example…
H: Mom, i'm sad.
M: why are you sad?
H: Because I crabby.
or
H: No thanks mom, I don't want to do that.
M: Why not?
H: Because I crabby
Well, you get the picture. The "problem" is that after a week of encouraging laughter from all of us she began say it knowing she was funny - which unfortunately made it all the more hilarious. Now it has been several weeks since she has consistently done that, but every once in a while it comes up and seems to be just as funny every time!
Hopefully she can keep that sense of humor when she really is crabby! xo
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment